I just want to heartily thank PESHKU PA UJE (fish out of water) , the largest independent Albanian Blog , for their great work on organising a petition to be sent to the Human Rights Office in Brussels , on last week's , physically and verbally abused two Albanian teenagers in an Athens police station by Greek police officers.
I'm attaching the whole petition letter and link to sign the petition for anybody who will be impressed by such an inhumanity act , which is not taking place for the first time:( link to watch the video: (http://www.peshkupauje.com/ndaloni-shtazerine/2007/06/16/)
To:Mr. Jose Manuel Barroso, President of the European CommissionMr. Terry Davis, Secretary General of the Council of EuropeMr. Thomas Hammarberg, Commissioner for Human RightsMr. Olli Rehn, European Commissioner for EnlargementAttention:European Committee for the Prevention of Torture and inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (CPT)
Honorable EU officials,Last week, Greek media broadcast a video of two teenagers in an Athens police station being physically and verbally abused by Greek police officers. The teenagers (both immigrants, one of them Albanian) were forced to slap each other violently under the urges and orders of the officer. This abominable video is but a recent and graphic example of the systematic discrimination Albanian citizens and other immigrants suffer in Greece, a member nation of the EU.
Many other Albanian immigrants, including Gentian Çeleniku (age 20), Bledar Qoshku (age 23), Ramiz Saliaj (age 21), Vullnet Bytyçi (age 18) and Luan Bërdëllima (age 20) have been killed and/or tortured by Greek authorities in the last few years. We think it is time that European institutions raised concerns against these degrading and inhuman acts performed by Greek authorities upon defenseless individuals.
We believe these practices to be unacceptable for a member state of the EU, that as such, has pledged to abide by the European Convention of Human Rights. The Preamble of the Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe clearly declares “the universal values of the inviolable and inalienable rights of the human person, freedom, democracy, equality and the rule of law” as core values of the Union. Yet, these values are continuously violated in Greece.
Due to the appalling inhumanity of these practices and as a result of the wide concern these images have provoked in our community, we ask of you to consider the following:
1. Publicly denounce the aforementioned video and file an official complaint with the Greek government, thus condemning the discrimination and abuse of Albanians and other immigrants by Greek institutions
2. Engage the European Convention for the Prevention of Torture and Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment to lead an inquiry into the mistreatment of Albanian immigrants in Greece over the past two decades
3. Work with the Greek government in order to ensure that their public policy agenda include a genuine effort to curb and eventually eliminate institutionalized violence against foreigners in Greece
The petition link : http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/peshku-peticion
Your signatures are highly appreciated!!!
Thank you in advance for your thoughtful consideration dear friends!
- Albanian digital and analogue photographer with a huge love for alternative printing process and all other avantgarde mixed media techniques. All of the work in this blog (photos,writings) except the ones whose source is shown , belong to the blog author.Do not take them without permission.This work is under protection!
book covers from my photos
My work has been published here :
- Tiger Stores International Contest book
- Saccades Project New Work
- FOURX5 art zine
- Inspire First
- Cirkumfleks magazine N1 (1)2012
- Ape on the moon zine
- Saccades Project Featured Artist
- power h blog
- Photoshop Tutorials Page
- Cirkumfleks magazine
- Euphorie Photography Blog
- Siountri Languages School
- 123 inspiration
- Defeated magazine
- spotlight of the day at UTATA
- Contrasted Gallery
- 6th issue of Flood Zine
- Flood Zine Blog
- Saccades Project 7th Gallery
- Cyclictone magazine
- Bonjour Bohemian
- Visualize us
- Fast Lab
- Istanbul Info
- Le Negatif Mag
- Inspire First
What Photographers said about my work
Creative Common Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
I've been to 121 cities in 17 countries
Eni is an explorer that:
does their own thing
is happy with a roof and running water
flirts with danger
Travel cred: great
Czech Republic: Prague
Denmark: Lild Strand
Denmark: Lindholm Hoje
Denmark: Tornby Strand
Denmark: Torup Strand
Macedonia, Republic of: Ohrid
Macedonia, Republic of: Skopje
Montenegro: Sveti Stefan
- ► 2015 (29)
- ► 2014 (57)
- ► 2013 (70)
- ► 2012 (92)
- ► 2011 (38)
- ► 2010 (30)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► 2008 (111)
- I`m back:(
- Home sweet home:)
- Satisfying promptness!
- Busy bee (that's me:) needs some rest!
- Rhythm in Galata Tower
- Humiliation of basic human rights!Please sign the ...
- Albrecht Dürer dhe "Melankolia"
- Kode Konkubinash
- Oldies but goldies-The party!
- Gee, I'm an angel:(
- Commercial paradoxes
- Pa Fryme !
- Air Race Istanbul & safari jone i fundit
- Buffalo'66 ---- Heronj te vetmuar & kokeulur
- An eye as big as a cup:) / Syni sai filxhon:)
- A "used to be"...
- Boulevard of broken dreams...
- Who's reading me???
- Pesha e rende e ish-it
- ▼ June (19)