Thursday, October 09, 2008
all photos © Eni Turkeshi Photography
Drilon National Park of Albania is a lovely park located 4 km from Pogradec City.Carstic springs of this park are one of the springs ,purveying the famous Ohrid Lake.
It is also very close to the Tushemisht village, which maybe you don't know but , it's very well known and loved among us albos ,because it's there where the movie "A lady from the city" (raw translation:D) takes part.
This place is one of the most famous turistic Albanian places.It used to be a favourite spot for the Albanian communist leaders as well:) It was a favourite place for Enver Hoxha, you can see this documented in many pictures of him.
I guess ,there are still some peoples that are being affected by this idea , because this year I experienced something very strange.
I was walking to Drilon with my friend and I went close to an old man to ask him,how far was Drilon from Pogradec.
The man looked thoughtful and not at ease.He told me , we should bow and put our hand close to our hearts at the entrance ,otherwise we wouldn't be able to enter.
Poor guy:( I guess he was a veteran.
Don't know why, I felt very sad about him.It looked like his hour was stucked in nostalghia forever!
I don't know how common has been , visiting Drilon during the communism era ,but now definitely is a very popular area.
With it's cafes and restaurant and nice food ,makes it even harder to resist this lovely place.
I had visited Drilon with my albanian photographer friends in January, but in autumn is very lovely too!
The "sea" of trees, the lovely old boats,the elegant swans, cute gooses ,the fresh air, makes it just an amazing relaxing place!
It looks like nothing's got a hurry here.Everything echoes serenity!
The elegant moves of swans ,massages your emotions:)
The only vehicles you may see here are the bicycles or canoes.So once more you feel yourself released from the city stress and clamour.
Even the brawling gooses are so quiet and ear-soothing:)
Drilon is always beautiful in every season , I'm sure.But I think I loved it better now.
So common spoil yourself and your beloved ones this weekend and treat your eyes and soul!
- Albanian digital and analogue photographer with a huge love for alternative printing process and all other avantgarde mixed media techniques. All of the work in this blog (photos,writings) except the ones whose source is shown , belong to the blog author.Do not take them without permission.This work is under protection!
book covers from my photos
My work has been published here :
- Tiger Stores International Contest book
- Saccades Project New Work
- FOURX5 art zine
- Inspire First
- Cirkumfleks magazine N1 (1)2012
- Ape on the moon zine
- Saccades Project Featured Artist
- power h blog
- Photoshop Tutorials Page
- Cirkumfleks magazine
- Euphorie Photography Blog
- Siountri Languages School
- 123 inspiration
- Defeated magazine
- spotlight of the day at UTATA
- Contrasted Gallery
- 6th issue of Flood Zine
- Flood Zine Blog
- Saccades Project 7th Gallery
- Cyclictone magazine
- Bonjour Bohemian
- Visualize us
- Fast Lab
- Istanbul Info
- Le Negatif Mag
- Inspire First
What Photographers said about my work
Creative Common Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
I've been to 121 cities in 17 countries
Eni is an explorer that:
does their own thing
is happy with a roof and running water
flirts with danger
Travel cred: great
Czech Republic: Prague
Denmark: Lild Strand
Denmark: Lindholm Hoje
Denmark: Tornby Strand
Denmark: Torup Strand
Macedonia, Republic of: Ohrid
Macedonia, Republic of: Skopje
Montenegro: Sveti Stefan
- ► 2015 (29)
- ► 2014 (57)
- ► 2013 (70)
- ► 2012 (92)
- ► 2011 (38)
- ► 2010 (30)
- ► 2009 (57)
- Stambolli- me te apo pa te?
- Nje rast tjeter i shemtuar
- Blogger bllokohet ne Turqi:(
- Rruga me gropa e kinematografise shqiptare
- If we only could stop life slipping away so insens...
- Martin Parr
- Because life's poesy is hidden on tiny details!
- Drilon Serenity
- Herds and Tillage
- Albania- September/October 2008
- ▼ October (10)
- ► 2007 (187)