Last week , thanks to the Republic holiday (on 29th of October) I found time to visit the "Istanbul Book Fair".One needs courage to go there, since is located in the "far far away "kingdom:)
This fair has been organised in Taksim, but since 2001 because of the lack of place in an all-time growing fair , it was removed to one of the biggest fair centres in Beylikduzu.
The fair is getting bigger and more exciting each passing year.
This year , this 10 days lasting fair , hospited 500 different publishing houses and different civil foundations.Of course not to mention 800 many wellknown national and international writers,scientists,politicians,journalists and literates participation in different workshops , cultural activities .
This years fair was approximately visited by more than 300.000 bookphilos.
The main fair theme was "Mediterranean in Literature and Literature in Mediterranean", consisting of different subjects related to this warm zone of the globe such as : Sea Literature,Mediterranean Kitchen,Mediterranean Women etc etc.
This years fair was also a premiere for Korean literature.
Children were not forgotten as well.They had their special corner of workshops.
I left the fair with 7 books this time..Not that much compared to other times:)
I got Susan Sontag's "Slave of dreams", Hesse's "Knulp" , a short story book from Rilke and some classics .
I noticed that the classic books were really much cheaper from the previous years.I found this very positive.Everybody should read the classics, this is a good start for every book-worm-to-be and still a muse for each of us..
Now , all I wish is to find the time to read all of these books immediately:) Hope I will in all this mess:(
FOR MORE INFOS CLICK: www.istanbulbookfair.com
- Albanian digital and analogue photographer with a huge love for alternative printing process and all other avantgarde mixed media techniques. All of the work in this blog (photos,writings) except the ones whose source is shown , belong to the blog author.Do not take them without permission.This work is under protection!
book covers from my photos
My work has been published here :
- Tiger Stores International Contest book
- Saccades Project New Work
- FOURX5 art zine
- Inspire First
- Cirkumfleks magazine N1 (1)2012
- Ape on the moon zine
- Saccades Project Featured Artist
- power h blog
- Photoshop Tutorials Page
- Cirkumfleks magazine
- Euphorie Photography Blog
- Siountri Languages School
- 123 inspiration
- Defeated magazine
- spotlight of the day at UTATA
- Contrasted Gallery
- 6th issue of Flood Zine
- Flood Zine Blog
- Saccades Project 7th Gallery
- Cyclictone magazine
- Bonjour Bohemian
- Visualize us
- Fast Lab
- Istanbul Info
- Le Negatif Mag
- Inspire First
What Photographers said about my work
Creative Common Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
I've been to 121 cities in 17 countries
Eni is an explorer that:
does their own thing
is happy with a roof and running water
flirts with danger
Travel cred: great
Czech Republic: Prague
Denmark: Lild Strand
Denmark: Lindholm Hoje
Denmark: Tornby Strand
Denmark: Torup Strand
Macedonia, Republic of: Ohrid
Macedonia, Republic of: Skopje
Montenegro: Sveti Stefan
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (58)
- ► 2013 (72)
- ► 2012 (92)
- ► 2011 (38)
- ► 2010 (30)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► 2008 (111)
- Rrefej , rrefen,rrefejme,rrefeni,rrefejne:)
- Happy Independence day!
- Don't lie to me!
- New epidemic :) - Your ipod's-mp4's top 10 songs!
- "Photographers Cafe " group celebrates 1st birthda...
- Cozy cafes of Tirana
- Anti Facebook pages
- Pavaresi Kosoves!
- Facebook-mania e fundit e socializimit virtual
- Nje forum interesant
- Istanbul book fair
- Ditari i Melodise
- ▼ November (12)