Friday, August 08, 2008

The pilgrim - from the turkish group Replikas


The Pilgrim lyrics:

I'm pilgrim in this world
I became a vagrant because of your love
I traveled in many countries
just because of you
Many bottles overturned in honor of your love
I remained soaked under the rain of love
I kept thinking of you all time all alone

I can't do it without you
I can't live without you
This rain of love
doesn't bring you to me


I became a vagrant
When I first listened to this song, I was so impressed of this heartwarming, naive song and of the video shot in the same style.It was very popular many years ago and I can say that this is the song i love best from this group.You may find the words a bit arabesque, but believe me it looks and feels very much different in turkish.Don't know why but i find this one very close to us albanians as well.What do you albos think?
Hopeall of you will enjoy it.

Some infos on the group:

Replikas is a post-rock, experimental rock band from Istanbul, Turkey.

Their debut album, Köledoyuran was released in 2000 and the band set its place in Turkish rock scene with their unique sound which combines western and eastern music. Their second album, Dadaruhi followed in 2002. Apart from these albums, Replikas had several soudtrack attempts for Turkish movies.

With their unique sound, Replikas was recognized by some foreign record companies. After getting signed to Doublemoon record label, their third studio album, Avaz was released in 2005. The album was produced by Wharton Tiers, a world-known producer who also worked with bands like Sonic Youth, a great influence on Replikas' work.

Replikas' members being big fans of Sonic Youth, the band opened for Sonic Youth on their first Turkish concert in May 2005.

Repilkas provided the soundtrack for the film İki Genç Kız. The band was also featured in Fatih Akın's 2005 documentary on the Istanbul music scene, Crossing the Bridge: The Sound of Istanbul, performing the song "Şahar Dağı." (info from wikipedia)

Other news from the press: The group is recording their new album , which is said to be launched this September.They are recording it out of studio , to get the best of acoustic sounds.After prolonged researches in Turkey,the band has decided to use the old half open air jail of Gokceada .

for more infos- www.replikas.com

2 comments:

xENDy.K said...

kjo eshte me te vertete e mrekullueshme eni! faleminderit.
pas baba_zula, qe njihja, me fale edhe kete grup/muzike turkish. isha veren qe shkoi ne stamboll dhe me duket se jemi te dashuruar te dy me kete qytet, apo jo???!!!

xENDy-k

eni said...

gezohem qe te pelqen:)
dashuri per Stambollin the? e pavdekshme;)

About Me

My photo
Albanian digital and analogue photographer with a huge love for alternative printing process and all other avantgarde mixed media techniques. All of the work in this blog (photos,writings) except the ones whose source is shown , belong to the blog author.Do not take them without permission.This work is under protection!

book covers from my photos

This content requires Adobe Flash Player version 8.0.0 or greater. Get Flash

http://www.lulu.com/shop/arb-elo/zero-3d-a5/paperback/product-18704303.html?showPreview=true &

This content requires Adobe Flash Player version 8.0.0 or greater. Get Flash

http://www.lulu.com/shop/arb-elo/xixa-t%C3%AB-zeza/paperback/product-20779928.html?mid=social_facebook_pubsharefb?showPreview=true

Behance Network Profile

eni turkeshi Portfolio
Follow Me on Pinterest

my vimeo video collage

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Albtranslator

Stop plagiarism!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

stumble upon

Stumble Upon Toolbar

What Photographers said about my work

http://www.flickr.com/groups/contrasted_gallery/discuss/72157625043221479/

Creative Common Licence

Proud Founder of Independentphotos Group!

Independentphotos. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Proud Admin of Albanian Photographer's Group

Fotografe Shqiptare / Albanian photographers. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Read the Printed Word!

travel brain

Travel Map
I've been to 121 cities in 17 countries
Eni is an explorer that:
does their own thing
is happy with a roof and running water
flirts with danger
Travel cred: great
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Albania
0.2% most cities visited - Kosovo
0.4% most cities visited - Denmark

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers

Counters for Albtranslator